The Man-Alive Grappling Curriculum

The Man-Alive Martial Arts grappling and Jiu-Jitsu classes follow a rotating schedule of covered topics. I really enjoy the idea of a reoccurring lesson plan, as it allows me to really look at positions and options multiple times from other angles. Each time I teach an idea, I learn a bit more myself, so even teaching the same thing twice -it is never the same.

There are no secrets in training. I'm happy to share our way of doing things in an effort to bring the community together. If you'd like any further explanations of what we do, please email me. Enjoy.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

CLUB VISIT & TRAINING

So the date is now set, our first club training trip and visit. We will be heading out to the West end of the city to our friends at Ronin Judo Club to train and grapple for the evening. It is going to be a fun evening of sharing our techniques and ideas with friends, as well as getting in a few good sessions with people who we don't get to train with all the time.

I really enjoy this kind of training, and re-connecting with friends on the mats. I believe that this is why I've enjoyed the seminar style training that I've been a part of for the last 5 years as well. I would recommend to anyone to experience training with different groups and people as often as is possible just to get a wide variety of body types and coaches' viewpoints.

This first trip marks the coming to fruition of an idea that I've had for the club since I first started teaching of being able to offer regular training trips and to network with other local and friendly clubs. It is my hope to be making a habit of visiting other places every couple months or so as part of our regular classes. This is something for everyone, as so often in the past I have seen this type of training reserved for competition teams only, or only for seminar participants. Part of why we train is for the social aspects of connecting with friends and meeting new people within the grappling community, which is why I'm so pleased to see the beginning of our training trip program.

Have fun, and keep on the mats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment